Dear Residential & Other Homeowners,
PLEASE do NOT call.
We do not service your market sector.
For nearly 2 years this has posted right under the phone number, but still you call on a weekly basis.
BTW, this includes tenants of apartments, condos, huge mansions, etc.
So UNLESS you are an actual commercial company – PLEASE DO NOT CALL.
The reasons for this are simple:
1) Insufficient time to take these calls especially with telemarketers calling.
2) You are probably interrupting work with a paying client or some other task that requires focus.
3) There is a pandemic going on in case you didn’t notice, and I am not going to risk either my health or yours unless it is inside the scope of a company that has established policies for CoViD-19. (abbreviated as C19 hereafter)
The fact that you are concerned about EMF at this juncture in history blows my mind. We have just crossed 1,000,000 deaths due to C19 in less than a year while the fatality rate due to EMF as far as I can tell is ZERO.
As for the most common questions:
1) “Can you please just answer a few questions about EMF, air quality, etc.?”
2) “Is there a service provider in my area?”
No, I can’t.
A1) I cannot afford to work or consult for free, nor should I be asked to. Do you call doctors expecting free medical advice? It also a liability exposure to my company just as it is for them. For commercial companies I can spend an appropriate amount of time interviewing to see if it is a job that falls inside my normal scope of work / project schedule and is feasible to engage in.
A2) Regarding if there is a service provider in your area, EMF consultants are pretty rare and most of them are on the West Coast in California and there are a few on the East Coast. I have requests for “Who can measure EMF in [insert random small town in the middle of nowhere]?” or other regions and my answers for that are:
- I can’t track every company or consultant that may or may not perform EMF / indoor air quality consultations, etc. and I likely cannot offer an opinion as to whether they can help you. This also could expose ScanTech to liability.
- I’m not a search engine or referral service. Google gets paid to do that, not ScanTech.
- I am not an employed receptionist for other companies that may or may not be able to provide services.
- There is already a webpage resource that I have spent a long time developing as a free resource and I don’t like having to repeat something I have already written. It is located here:
The final straw came when someone called me and started in with:
“I know your website says that you don’t do residential, but I thought that was just temporary and you might be available now.”
I mean I don’t do residential as in NEVER and my website is updated monthly to alert commercial clients that ScanTech is still available as an essential business.
So thanks to dense humans like this, I have written an entire page and typed slowly to explain the position of ScanTech.
Stay Well and Please Don’t Call!