Joel-Anthony Gray – Environmental / Biomedical Consulting Detective at ScanTech Technical Consulting based in the Greater Dallas – Fort Worth Area with service to Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Lubbock, Amarillo & other major cities throughout the U.S. and International / Worldwide
Joel-Anthony Gray – Environmental, Electromagnetic and Biomedical Consultant
Education & Degrees
B.S. Electrical Engineering / Nanoscience Technology Concentration – University of Texas at Dallas (UTD)
X-Ray / Radiation Machine Services Registration – Texas Dept. of State Health Services # R42205
BOSIET CAEBS 5750 (Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training) ID # 94305750140819871261
Joel-Anthony Gray is a certified Instrumentation and Radio Technician with a degree in Electronic Telecommunications; and earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with Honors at the University of Texas at Dallas with a Minor in Nanotechnology.
Completed coursework has included intensive classes in Electromagnetics, RF Design, Communication Systems and Signals & Systems with extensive experience in troubleshooting a broad variety of technical problems, particularly EMI / RF interference issues with industrial and biomedical equipment.
He is accredited as a Mold Assessment Consultant and is licensed with by the State of Texas Health Services Department.
Tulane Graduate Certificate in Industrial Hygiene – School of Public Health & Tropical Medicine
In conjunction with recent formal academic training, he also has over twenty years of technical experience in fields such as computer repair, information technology, networking, audio/video equipment, photography, graphics & animation, electronics, RF & instrumentation repair, electromechanical control systems, high performance automotive mechanics, wireless networks, telecom, biomedical technology, chemistry, microscopy, ultra-high vacuum systems and nanotechnology including semiconductor characterization.
His background includes training and experience working in a variety of specialized environments including semiconductor cleanrooms, nanotechnology research facilities, around X-Ray equipment, chemistry, biology, and Level 2 Biohazard microbiology labs.
He is also an official member of the Texas Society of Professional Engineers and is currently working towards another degree in Biomedical Engineering and his PE license. His educational credentials and experience qualify him to be a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) according to AIHA (American Industrial Hygiene Association) standards. (certification pending one final exam)
He has also attended an official course for Radiation Safety Officers offered by the TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality) and recently completed advanced courses in Biology, Organic Chemistry, Engineering Physiology of the Human Body and Advanced Microbiology so as to better understand the effects of pathogens, toxins, biochemical reactions, radiation and other environmental factors at the physiological, cellular and bio-molecular levels.
Additional coursework in Biomaterials Science, Medical Devices & Biomedical Imaging has been taken to further study the complex interaction of synthetic biology, implants and technology in-vivo.
ScanTech Technical Consulting has been testing for radon gas and radiation for 14 years and blogs regularly on the subject and dangers of radon (and other indoor air quality pollutants) at:
ScanTech was started as a specialized technical consulting service over 14 years ago and has been conducting EMF / RF / Indoor Air Quality Testing / Radon / Radiation and other unusual energy surveys / consultations / inspections for thousands of highly satisfied homeowners and businesses including many Fortune 500 corporations in the Dallas / Fort Worth area and beyond.
His broad technical background and expert troubleshooting ability in a variety of fields enables him to find relevant insights and offer fresh perspectives in order to solve difficult problems quickly and cost effectively.
University of Texas at Dallas
- Electromagnetics I (EE 4301)
- RF Circuit Design (EE 4368)
- Organic Chemistry I & II (CHEM 2323 / 2325)
- Physical Chemistry & Thermodynamics in Biomedical Engineering (BMEN 3315)
- Bioengineering I & II (BMEN 1100 / 1208)
- Introduction to Nanoscience & Nanotechnology (NANO 3301)
- Nanotechnology Research (1 year) (NANO 4V95 / 4V97)
- Nanoscale Fabrication Engineering (Integrated Circuit Technology) (EE 4330)
- Nanotech Instrumentation, Microscopy & Spectroscopy (NANO 3302)
- Plasma Technology / Plasma Science (PHYS 6383 / NANO 4391)
- Materials Science (NANO 3310)
- Advanced Electron Microscopy (MSEN 6340)
- Nanotechnology Internship (NANO 2486)
- Engineering Physiology of the Human Body (BMEN 3330)
- Biomaterials & Medical Devices (BMEN 4360)
- Medical Imaging (BMEN 3380)
- Medical Device Development (BMEN 4V95)
TULANE SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH & TROPICAL MEDICINE
- Principles of Industrial Hygiene (GEHS-6720)
- Radiological Health (GEHS-6300)
- Principles of Toxicology (GEHS 6600)
- Physical Agents & Ergonomic Hazards in the Workplace (GEHS 6620) – Non–Ionizing Radiation (NIRAD) Noise, Vibration & Heat Stress
- Biology I for Science Majors (BIOL 1406)
- Advanced Microbiology (BIOL 2421)